Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fit Tip Tuesday #2: Schedule Your Workouts


As anyone who has been following along for a while knows, I'm on the final weeks of Bikini Body Mommy. It's a 90 day challenge of workouts, which typically amount to 3 days of cardio, 3 days of strength training. As I have about two weeks left, I'm starting to wonder what I'll do once Bikini Body Mommy Ends. How will I keep going? I'm also taking a Zumba class, and there's about a month of a break between this class ending and the next one starting.

Something that I've learned is that I do much better when I have a plan for what I'm going to do for a workout. I'm much more likely to get something in when I say "I'm going to take the dogs on the trail on Saturday," rather than "I'm going to fit in cardio sometime this weekend."

With my challenge and class ending, I need to start finding workouts to plan out ahead of time. I'll be writing them into my planner so that I have a reference to go off of. I think this is a perfect time to pull out my workouts from when I was signed up for personal training, and maybe do some of those. If I have a plan written down, then I know how long it's going to take, and I know how to fit it into my day. There's no putting off my workout to the very last minute, then getting bummed when it's midnight and I haven't worked out.

So make it a plan to work out! Figure out your own schedule and stick to it, or join a challenge! Find what works for you.

Have an idea for what I should try next? Comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment