Thursday, February 6, 2014

Inches and Pounds


Ugh. Weighing in. Part of day 30 was the 30 day weight and pictures. While part of the BBM philosophy is not weighing often, I have been doing a weekly weigh in to keep myself on track. This week I found that I went up in weight, though I'm still down from my starting weight. I've lost all of 2 pounds. Totally disheartening to see the scale not budging, or even going up from last week. I didn't do measurements, so I can't tell you if I've lost any inches, but I did take before pictures. I compared my day 30 pictures to the before pictures and can MAYBE see some changes. Again, total downer.

Despite the disappointment in the pounds and inches, however, I feel better. I need to focus less on what I weigh and how my clothes fit, and more on how much better I feel day to day. I'm not dragging as much anymore. I love going to bed before 10 (before 9 if I can make it happen). I have more energy. I feel stronger!

I'm hoping that the pounds and inches will start to disappear soon. I also know that I put on all of this extra weight in a year or so, and have maintained it for almost 5 years. It'll take some time for it to go. No one loses 50 lbs in a month.

I also have to remember that as a woman, our bodies fluctuate. It's hard to start seeing consistent changes when things like water weight come into play. Being up this week may have nothing to do with progress. It may be that I was retaining water this week, and next week I'll drop again.

Bottom line, it's not about being skinny, though that would be nice. It's about being healthy. It's about stopping the binges, reducing the sweets. It's about choosing water instead of soda, almonds instead of chips. And it's about being active, and a positive, healthy role model to AE and to anyone else who needs the inspiration.

Thank you to my few readers (and maybe to more as this blog takes shape) for the support and encouragement as I go along. Keeping a positive mindset is one of the best things we can do when trying to make a change. Change doesn't happen overnight. We need the motivation to keep going until we start to really see changes! Love you all.




Photo from: http://theberry.com/2012/02/28/need-a-little-motivation-31-photos-2/workout-motivation-1/

1 comment:

  1. Yup a couple pounds could be anything from water to a little bloating if your body didn't like a certain food! I really did have to start relying on measurements to see the progress. 2lbs is still awesome no matter what it's progress!

    ReplyDelete