Thursday, January 16, 2014

Becoming a Morning Person


The last two weeks, I've been focusing on my health. It's my new thing and I'm totally focused on it. Luckily, hubby supports it and is right there with me. I've got extra weight to lose and he has health issues he wants to kick, so we're a super awesome team right now.

So anyway, I'm becoming a morning person and I LOVE it. In doing Bikini Body Mommy, I have daily workouts, and every other day is a strength day. On strength training days, I like to get up early, work out, and then make breakfast and get ready for work. I feel so accomplished when I get my workout done in the morning. Well, this week I started Zumba on cardio days with a close friend, and didn't have a reason to get up so early in the mornings.

Today, AE woke up at 5:15am (today is Zumba day), so I got up to tend to her. I decided that I'd stay up and do some YouTube Yoga, which totally made for a calm, relaxing morning. I set AE down on the rug in front of me, and she watched, played with some toys, and even laughed at me. Afterwards, I took her into the kitchen with me and made breakfast for myself and the hubs and gathered some breakfast for AE as well (apples, YUM).

It's so nice having the extra time to get up, get ready, and get out the door. I'm getting to work on time, even early, without extra effort, spending time with the dogs in the morning, and bonus: I have a healthy lunch and healthy snacks prepared each morning instead of running to Sheetz or Quiznos (the two fast food places in walking distance to work).

How do I do it? How do I manage getting up at 5am and running with it? I go to bed super early for one. The past couple of weeks, it seems like anything that needs to be done happens on the weekend. I don't run errands in the evening unless I have to. I don't spend HOURS watching tv anymore. I'm in bed between 9 and 10pm every night. Hubby loves it because he can do his P90X in peace while AE and I sleep.

I read a post on one of my new favorite blogs yesterday called "You're only one workout away from a good mood!" She talks about how great you feel after working out, and how it can really improve your day. Why save that for the end of the day? Working out in the morning brightens your day and puts you on a good note first thing, rather than waiting all day for that natural high. Plus, if you work out as soon as you get up, you can't talk yourself out of it later, because it's already done!

So follow along as I transform myself from a "get out of bed 20 minutes before I leave for work" person into a "work out, shower, and feed the baby, and still have time to get to work" person. I'm excited for this to become just another part of my normal routine. Are you dedicating yourself to the same transformation? Comment! Share what you do to motivate yourself in the morning!




Sunrise Photo: http://www.thecampuscompanion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/beautiful_sunrise_on_green_meadow.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment