Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Challenge

I was catching up on Facebook a few days ago and saw that several of the ladies in my July 2013 moms group were signing up for the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge. I looked it up, and found that it's a free 90 day workout program designed for moms. It looked like something I could fit into my schedule, and I was excited to join other moms I know in this program. 

So Day 1 came, and I totally did not have the drive to do it. I had a busy day with a fussy baby and a sick husband. Instead of saying "yea, you're right, this is probably more than you can handle right now," though, my amazingly supportive husband asked me, "Are you going to regret this?" When I honestly thought about it, a quick workout was not that hard to do, and he was right, I probably would have regretted it. I did my Day 1 Fit Test at 10:00 at night, and of course had trouble sleeping. Now I'm focusing on getting up early enough to get my workout knocked out before work, so my evening is focused on cooking a healthy dinner, feeding AE her evening combo of formula and fruits/veggies, and getting prepped for the next day.


Those who know me well have heard this "I will get healthy and work out" mantra several times. What makes this time different? I'm not just doing this for myself. I'm not doing it so that people can see my transformation or so that I can buy smaller clothes. I'm doing this because I want my daughter to know me as a healthy, active mommy. I don't want her to remember me at 200+ lbs and a size 16/18. Hopefully when doing this for my daughter and keeping in mind that it's all for her, I will be able to stick with it this time. Kids are sponges and they are definitely affected when parents aren't healthy and when they have low self-esteem. I never want to hear AE call herself fat or go on a diet. I want her to have the skills early on to make healthy choices. I want to be active as a family, and spend family time outside, having fun.


For anyone interested, here's the Bikini Body Mommy schedule. And of course Briana from BBM's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment