Thursday, January 23, 2014

Being as Productive as We Can and ZUMBA!

Accept you’ll never get everything done: You haven’t “done everything” until you’re dead. So instead of freaking out about the fact that there will always be more to do, decide which activities really fall within the “Critical must-do” category and let go of the rest. If the activities in the second “Would be nice to do” category get done, great. If not, it probably doesn’t matter very much.
Quote taken from an awesome blog: Run to the Finish

If you know me well, then you know that I obsess over getting everything done. If I have someone coming over to our house, I focus like crazy on cleaning, and really stress over whether I'll finish. I get upset when I plan to get X, Y, and Z done for the day, and I don't even make it that far because AE had a bad day, I'm not feeling up to it, or something just got in the way. The husband has been amazing at helping me off my ledge when things don't go the way I plan, and I'm not as productive as I'd like. I was going through my bloglovin' feed (did I mention I love bloglovin'?) this morning and came across the above quote on another blogger's post this morning. It really resonated with me. I need to keep this in mind in everything I do. I cannot continue to overload myself and then blame myself for not getting to everything. I need to accept that my house will never be pristine, I will never cross everything off the To Do list, and that's ok. As long as AE grows up happy and healthy, hubby and I continue to make healthy choices, and Love and Family are what come first in our house, we'll get to the rest eventually.


In other news, I talked a close friend (and recent relocation to Western Maryland, YAY) into joining Zumba with me. I had been looking into joining a gym, and complained that I really just wanted to do Zumba, and if I could just pay to take those classes, I'd be happy. Well, a coworker suggested I look into the Recreation Department in our county and see if they offer anything. Lo and behold, Zumba started the following week! This is now week 2 of Zumba, and after getting snowed out on Tuesday (Boo!), I am super stoked to go tonight after work. I LOVE Zumba! If you haven't tried it yet, you really need to. It's an incredible workout and it's SO Fun!


So to end this ramble, have a wonderful day, weekend, week, month, year. Remember to focus on your priorities and let the rest go. And above all, live a happy, healthy life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment