Thursday, January 16, 2014

SUPER Yummy One Pot Pasta


I have recently discovered bloglovin', which is a collection of blogs from around the net. There are blog of almost any topic you can think of. In the theme of my new healthy focus, I've started following a lot of blogs focused on fitness, health, and nutrition. One of the blogs I've been following is A Beautiful Mess, and I've been finding the neatest recipes on there.

Last night we had One Pot Pasta, which was adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe (thank you, Martha). It's SUPER easy, and incredibly delicious. I am not a fan of chives, so I added in extra oregano and cut out the chives. I also used Barilla Plus instead of regular pasta to throw in some more protein and fewer carbs. Basically you just throw everything in the pot, simmer and stir. When the pasta is al dente, you let it muddle a little in the pasta-water-turned-sauce, and serve with fresh basil and some feta. Hubs and I ate almost the whole thing! Later that night, I went to log the calories in my fitbit, and found that even though we both ate probably way too much, my part was only a total of 375 calories! Whoa! Totally making this again. It's perfect for a busy weeknight when you don't feel like cooking. I cooked this while loading bottles in the dishwasher, and it was off the burner before I turned the dishwasher on. You have GOT to make this! :-)

Try it? Love it? Comment and let me know! Thanks again to the girls over at A Beautiful Mess for posting this amazing recipe.

Know any other One Pot Pasta dishes? Please share! I'd love to have a handful of these to put in my weeknight dinner rotation.




Pasta Photo: http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8358081ff69e2019b03eaecb7970d-800wi

No comments:

Post a Comment